We set ourselves the challenge of organising our biggest event yet in under two weeks. And we think we’ve done it! We’ve been hard at work behind the scenes with our friends over at Ada’s List to put together a great line up of speakers.
We’ve also managed to secure sponsorship from some great organisations who are keen to champion and support women in technology and digital – Accenture, dxw, Made by Many, Sleepio, and Swiftkey. This means we’ve able to make this our largest event so far, combining our trademark quick-fire talks with the opportunity to network with others over drinks afterwards.
If you’re coming, doors open at 6.30pm and we’re aiming to start at 7pm. If you haven’t signed up to come yet, it’s free and tickets are available via Eventbrite.
Caroline Waxler, festival director of Internet Week Europe (all the way over from NYC), will be opening the event for us. She’ll be followed by awesome line-up of speakers keen to share their stories. They are:
- Ingrid Koehler: Social media and rugby
- Amanda Coban: Managing an alternative online community
- Amy Burton: Why I still believe in Google+
- Rosie Gollancz: Trusting technology with your health
- Anke Holst: Spinning Yarns, or ‘How I went a bit bonkers about making things’
- Harriet McDougall: User-centred design
- Anna-Lisa Wesley: @[FS Scrum] – a circle of #digital creatives
The practical stuff
When: 6.30-10.30pm, Tuesday 12 November 2013
Where: Shoreditch Village Hall, Shoreditch Works, 33 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NN
This evening has only been possible thanks to the support of our generous sponsors: